Head of Health and Safety
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£55k - 60k per year + Car + Bonus|
Assured Safety Recruitment is seeking a Head of Health and Safety for a newly created role responsible for the UK region of an international group, who have established themselves as leaders in their specialist field. The group work with high-end customers in the leisure sector. This is a strategic role based from Head Office working closely with Divisional Managing Directors and CEO to foster a pro-active health and safety culture through the development of a pragmatic Group Health and Safety Strategy, including KPI's and metrics and a robust health and safety management system. The business operates in the Leisure/Construction sector so this role would suit candidates with experience of either sector.
- Advise the Company on health and safety and environmental legislation issues, review amendments to legislation and client standards and assess the relevance to the company, making appropriate recommendations.
- Promote a culture of full compliance and continual improvement for all HSE requirements, ensuring compliance with legislation and company HSE policies is maintained and practised at all times.
- Liaise and work closely with the individual business unit MD’s and senior Ops Managers
- Develop and integrate best practices and drive safety culture across the business
- Lead change in processes where needed through Operational Management.
- Investigate the environmental implications of the company’s activities and suggest actions which may prove beneficial to the environment, the company or others.
- Carry out proactive monitoring of Health and Safety compliance across the business through observation of work activities and the analysis of audits and other reports
- Prepare and produce regular metrics and reports on the performance of the H&S and environmental management systems.
- Champion actions to deliver a continuous reduction in the number of accidents, incidents and work-related ill health issues.
- Imbed awareness and ownership for safety at all levels of the organisation.
- Facilitate corporate learning, drive reviews and ensure root causes are identified and addressed in all incidents.
- Design and integrate health and safety training programme for employees.
- Line Management responsibility for H&S Compliance & Training Manager
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing Group Health and Safety Strategy and gaining buy-in from senior managers/directors.
- Experience within the construction/property/events sector