Health, Safety and Environment Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||South West, UK|
|Salary||£40k - 45k per year|
Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with established privately owned manufacturing business to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager for their multi-faceted manufacturing facility in Somerset. The business has a credible history and has ambitious plans for further growth. The Health, Safety and Environment Manager will manage the health, safety and environment strategy across site in conjunction with the Site Leadership Team. You will influence site teams to ensure the site follows safe working practices and procedures.
You will conduct Health, Safety and Environment Audits of areas and devise and implement company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures and leading the development of an HSE culture.
· Assist in outlining SOP’s which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
· Carry out regular Health, Safety and Environment site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
· Make changes to working practices and procedures to ensure that they are safe and comply with legislation
· Prepare health and safety strategies
· Lead in-house training with managers and employees
· Produce reports, analysing and interpreting data and suggesting improvements;
· Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environment legislation. Where possible attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and HSE seminars and reading professional journals
· Ensure the safe installation of equipment
· Managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances
· Controlling high risks areas, e.g. Work place transport, working at height, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, COSHH, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases/hazards.
· To liaise with Enforcing Authorities as appropriate
· To implement and chair monthly Health and safety meetings with Department Managers with minutes and actions
You will have experience in health and safety within a production environment along with the Nebosh Certificate. You will have strong engagement and influencing skills, comfortable challenging your peers and keen to be present in all areas of the production site.