Health and Safety Development Advisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
Assured Safety Recruitment is working with an innovative manufacturing and retail brand to recruit to a Health and Safety Development and Performance Advisor. The organisation has sites country-wide and employs over 11,000 people. This is a newly created role forming part of organisations corporate central team. You will work closely with the functional Head to design, develop and implement new processes and systems to interrogate and analysis corporate health and safety data and assist in the design and development of group wide health and safety strategies and initiatives. You will provide leadership and development to the overall health and safety programme across the UK group by driving continuous improvement and operational excellence. With a bias towards performance, you will provide visibility of compliance and administration to the overall health and safety programme across the whole UK group. You will champion the group reporting systems and bench mark index.
- Responsibility for coordinating and overseeing implementation of all UK wide Safety programmes and processes
- Provide continuous improvement and operational excellence in key identified measures and objectives
- Prepare and build shared annual plans for UK group initiatives
- Ensure performance standards and methods are in place for successful implementation of the health and safety programme
- Develop the health and safety management system to resolve issues based on non-conformances and root cause analysis
- Understand relevant technical requirements and ensure UK health and safety programmes comply with these
- Provide linkage to the wider business by actively leading in policy and best practice development
- Review performance across the UK group and facilitate implementation of corrective and preventative actions where required linked to the UK health and safety programme
- Provide safety expertise and technical mastery for new health and safety projects and change management initiatives across the function
- Develop performance standards and methods of accomplishing those standards to measure facilities against
- Support development and learning capabilities of the wider health and safety team
- Review Health and safety performance across the UK group
- Ensure training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure health and safety standards and awareness are well understood throughout the UK group
- Develop, administer and analyses the right level of Health and safety data across the UK group
You will hold a Nebosh Certificate or equivalent.
You will have previous experience in a health and safety position.
Excellent data analysis skills, including strong Exel and SharePoint skills.
Experience of designing, leading and implementing strategic and /or group wide HSE initiatives.
Ideally you will be based in central or South East england with easy access to motorway networks. You will be required to travel with some overnight stays.