Interim Health, Safety and Environment Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||South West, UK|
We are currently partnering with a European Household brand to recruit a Interim Health, Safety and Environment Manager on a six month contract. This is a site based role, with minimal travel working at a newly acquired manufacturing facility to allign systems, documentation and culture with group standards.
We are looking for an experienced individual to develop, implement and support the site OHS plan taking account of the Company's strategy. Promoting a positive H&S culture, providing guidance to the business with legal health and safety compliance and supporting the development and delivery of best class OHS solutions.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Support the risk assessment and safe systems of work and COSHH process throughout the Blow Moulding site.
• Develop and implement HSE strategies to improve standards across the site (45001) actively promote a developing safety culture.
• Liaise with Site HSE team over legal permits required by the site (e.g. Environmental permits)
• Provide technical H&S expertise to ensure legal compliance.
• Provide data to satisfy relevant legal and business requirement
• Audit the business' HSMS as required and provide suitable and practical recommendations for improvement in particular convert Heritage systems to systems.Carry out audits of statutory requirements at suitable intervals to ensure legal compliance.
• Support the behavioural system implementation and on-going maintenance
• Implement Fire management systems
• Support managers in accident and near miss investigations.
• Provide and improve information, training and guidance on all health and safety matters to all levels within the business.
• Coach colleagues on audits, RA, etc, investigations to ensure robust quality and timely delivery.
• Develop and implement training and support colleagues in particular around systems and approaches
• Challenge and coach all colleagues on unsafe acts, systems and procedures.
• Develop and maintain good professional cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders so as to provide authoritative advice and guidance.
• Liaise with external authorities, insurers and suppliers as necessary.
• Provide accurate and honest information within the business to continually improve health and safety performance.
• Engage key stakeholders within the business to ensure that they are aware of site performance.
• Actively review and continually implement/improve local H&S policies, standards, procedures and practices.
• Support the creation and development of H&S projects and improvement plans, particularly around snagging of new equipment/facility
• Manage the occupational health provision on site leading the strategy for occupational health & driving best in class provision in particular in wellbeing
• Ensure key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time.
• Monitor analyse and report on accident statistics, KPI's and accident/incident investigations.
• Drive improvements in the bench mark index and maintain standards and quality of the data.
• Establish strong relationships with colleagues in other group companies to capture and share Best
Key skills & experience
• Qualified to NEBOSH certificate or equivalent with 2+ years site HS&E Management experience
• H&S auditing / training qualification.
• Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions.
• Professional, assertive and engaging with strong influencing skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience of H&S auditing.
• Ability to provide practical risk control solutions.
• Administration skills / report writing / letter writing / data compilation and analysis.
• Must be proactive solutions driven and be able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing environment.
• A good knowledge of operational/process engineering roles and be able to provide constructive input to engineering and other technical related issues.
• Experienced HSE Manager at senior level used to working with a variety of functions where risk management issues are fully understood.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team, honest and approachable.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate & work with all levels within the business.