Regional Health and Safety Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||South West, UK|
|Sector||Logistics and Distribution|
|Salary||Excellent Benefits (Pension, Bonus, 25 d. holidays)|
Regional Health & Safety Manager
Location: role covers the South West Region, ideal base is commutable to Bristol
Salary: Competitive Salary + Car, Bonus, 25 days holiday, Pension
Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with a European Household Brand in their iconic home delivery division and depot network. The organisation is looking for an experienced individual to provide H&S support and advice to Regional Operations Managers to support the Depot Management. You will enable local management teams to deliver and drive consistent processes which deliver improvement in H&S performance and compliance.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Undertake H&S Management Audits
• Maintain full level of knowledge of the Group H&S Management System Standards and programs
• Monitor and support the coordination of all statutory inspections and maintenance of plant and equipment
• Undertake H&S risk assessments.
• Develop Safe systems of work for all operational activities based on the findings of risk assessment
• Keep H&S best practice, legal knowledge and professional status up to date
• Liaise with external authorities and suppliers
• Provide updates on all new or amended Health and Safety legislation
• Provide H&S coaching, advise and support Regional Operations Managers and site Operations Managers and deliver internal H&S Management training
• Coach colleagues on workplace inspections, risk assessment and incident investigations.
• Challenge and coach all colleagues on unsafe acts, systems and procedures
• Maintain all Health & Safety related training records and monitor compliance, ensuring all personnel have received appropriate training for their Role.
• Actively develop, promote and improve the health and safety culture and maintain good professional cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Attend Regional Operations Reviews and Health & Safety meetings
• Actively work with Facilities Management Functions to improve and maintain legal compliance across the estate
• Work with the Business Development Managers in any site refurbishment or new site fit out / construction projects.
• Develop and implement high impact H&S plans to support the strategy and improve standards in health, safety, OH and Occupational Road Risk
• Support the deployment of national programs, providing training where specified, and ensure that Unit Managers have established and are progressing appropriate plans to deliver the deployment
• Ensure risk assessments, safe systems of work and all supporting processes are reviewed and amended where necessary following an accident.
• Ensure key health and safety objectives are delivered on time
• Monitor, analyse and report on accident statistics, KPI's and accident/incident investigations
• Support the Divisional Health & Safety Manager to report on local H&S performance, including audit compliance and recommended countermeasures
• Work with the fleet compliance team in order to manage the risks to drivers as part of an injury reduction strategy ; ensure an effective programme is in place to identify the main risks faced by drivers
• Understand the main injuries related to Occupational Road Risk within the region
Key skills & experience
• Essential ; NEBOSH Diploma or candidates keen to progress with a NEBOSH Certificate
• Essential ; Full driving license
• Desirable ; Lead auditor H&S Auditing
• Ability to achieve good working relationship with colleagues at all levels in the organisation
• Ability to challenge and influence management teams in driving safety performance improvement
• Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions