Health & Safety Advisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£250 - 300 per day + Pension|
Initally 5 days per week till the end of the year then will be 2 days per week dependant on buisness requirements.
You will be supporting a leading manufacturing, laboratory and testing organisation. The role also covers the busineses distribution and retail functions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the purpose of this role is to develop and implement Health and Safety best practice. Ensuring the company complies with current health, safety and legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
- Maintain compliance, continual review and improvement of the ISO certifications in-line with the company’s Integrated Management System.
- Implement company and legislative HS&Q requirements
- Work closely with all staff members whilst continuously advising them on HSEQ issues
- Conduct HSE internal safety audits and improvement corrective measures as required
- Complete various risk assessments, including DSE, COSHH, Manual Handling, Environmental
- Ensure all documentation is up to date
- Manage the online training system to ensure all staff are fully trained
- To identify and meet employee training needs in relation to health and safety
- Lead HSEQ meetings, energy meetings and management review meetings
- Collate accident statistics and ensure all investigations are completed in a timely manner
- To report accidents, in accordance with the reporting of injuries, disease and dangerous occurrences regulations and complete the necessary documentation for the enforcing authority as required
- Produce accident statistics and a management report to senior management and the Head of HR and HSEQ on a monthly basis on HSEQ related matters
- Liaise with the necessary enforcing authorities such as the HSE, Fire Authority, Local Authority and the Environment Agency when required
- Promote and advice on environmental best practise, energy reduction and conservation throughout the company
- To be responsible for the continued accident reduction programme and the development of a safety culture specifically improving upon the behavioural aspects of health & safety within the business
- The maintenance of contractor schemes within the business to include Safe Contractor and CHAS, etc and the completion of contractor/customer HS&E statements of intent, tendering processes and due diligence for site/install activities
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Knowledge of UK health and safety legislation ideally in a sterile or lab environement.
- Chemical or Chemistry related experience beneficial