Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Salary||Generous Holiday Allowance & Pension, Bonus|
Assured Safety Recruitment has been engaged by a leading heavy industry manufacturer, offering a diverse and innovative range of products used by many of the UK’s most successful business's. The group continues to deliver strong financial performance showing year on year growth in revenue and EBITDA. We are proud to be assisting our client in the recruitment of a site based Safety, Health and Environment Advisor
You will provide direction and support for all Safety, Health, Environment activities on site and oversee existing systems to monitor and compliance to legislation, group policies as well as internal and external audits.
You will implement proactive Safety, Health and Environment improvement activities leading and challenging operational management to maintain high standards. You will champion innovation and solutions, promoting a positive culture and safety working practices sharing best practice with other sites or external forums to drive continuous improvement.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Managing the site risk assessment and SOP matrix, ensuring assessments are completed to a high standard and assessments are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Assisting the Site Manager and team in the completion of Incident Investigations
- Undertaking daily site inspections of the plant and facilities to identify hazards and to converse with colleagues on operational safety issues
- Monitor the environmental performance of the site, to ensure compliance with Permits and Regulations as applicable
- Prepare reports and presentations that demonstrate site compliance to legislation, policy and continuous improvement and ensure that all Safety, Health and Environment data is collected, monitored and distributed
- Drive and maintain the site risk assessment and standard operating procedures matrix, to ensure assessments are completed to a high standard, actions raised are tracked to completion and assessments are reviewed on a regular basis
- Work closley with managers to complete corrective actions, improvement and audit results
- Provide guidance and advice at site meetings on Safety, Health and Environment
- Gather and monitor all data and statistics associated with site Health, Safety and Environmental performance
- Assist, lead and promote the implementation of systems and processes as issued by the Central Health, Safety and Environmental Teams
- Manage the site training matrix, tan organise refresher training as appropriate
We are keen to receive applications from health and safety professionals who hold a Nebosh Certificate and have previous experience in a health and safety position, ideally within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment. Whilst previous environmental experience would be ideal, it is not a pre-requisite.