Safety, Health and Environment Manager
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Salary||Competitive package plus corporate benefits|
Assured Safety Recruitment is working with European brand to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager at their flag-ship production site; the largest if it’s kind in Europe. Forming a key part of the SMT you develop, implement and support the Group HSE Strategy, promoting a positive Health, Safety and Environment culture across all areas and driving continuous improvement in performance.
You role will be to;
- Proactively manage the claims handling process and maintain all legal permits required by the site (e.g. Environmental permits)
- Audit the business HSE management system and statutory requirements as required and provide recommendations for improvement
- Support the management system implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Identify and manage CDM projects
- Support managers in accident and near miss investigations
- Develop & implement strategies to improve standards in H&S and actively promote a developing safety culture.
- Develop and manage contractor systems and procedures
- Provide and improve information, training and guidance on all Health, Safety, Environment matters to all levels within the business, including the development and implementation of employee training
- Coach colleagues on audits, Risk Assessments and investigations to ensure robust quality and timely delivery
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Ideally an environmental qualification. Practical environmental experience is essential
- Manufacturing experience
- H&S auditing / training qualification / Experience of HSE auditing (Lead Auditor in HSE standards)
- Skills to identify, prepare and deliver HSE-related training sessions.
- Experience of formal Safety and Environmental management systems
- Effective communicator
- Must be proactive solutions driven and be able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing environment
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence a team across all functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving department