Health & Safety Advisor
|Area||South West, UK|
|Salary||£27.5k - 32.5k per year + Benefits|
This is initially a 6 month contract with the potential to extend.
This role will suit an active outgoing individual who wants to make a difference in one of Bristol's fastest growing companies. Working at the pinnacle of design and engineering you will established systems and procedures in preparation for further growth.
This role is hands-on and challenging so a positive approach and a can-do attitude are essential. You must be confident and organised as you will be involved in all areas of the business, responsible for all areas of health and safety and the training.
You will co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects of Health and Safety. You will need to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety.
Summary of Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe workplace environment exists, without risk to health for all staff and visitors.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Develop and deliver an induction and ongoing training program for all staff across all areas of the business.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained. Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks. Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Relevant H&S Experience and a minimum of a Nebosh Certificate is required coupled with experience of managing Health & Safety risks within a manufacturing environment.