Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£30k - 35k per year + Benefits|
Based West of Glasgow working for one of the UK’s Leading manufacturing companies with excellent long term progression available.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious individual who will thrive in a supportive environment where you have the autonomy to take ownership of projects and drive positive change. As Health and Safety Adviser you will be an integral part of the HSE Department to support the drive of business continuity, culture change and evaluate and enhance HSE standards across the site.
- Influence and change behaviour to achieve business objectives and improve safety standards
- Coach and develop line managers so they feel confident in taking ownership of health and safety
- You will adapt to meet the challenges of a fast paced environment with lots of variety
- Drive safety performance towards the business commitment to continuous improvement
- Ensure the site is audit ready at all times for customer visits
- You will work closely with the operations team and key members of the leadership team to meet safety, quality, service and cost objectives
- Benchmark safety standards against other organisations to evaluate performance levels and identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide a pragmatic approach to deliver a positive safety culture
- Hands on HSE support with regular manufacturing walks
- Provide group support for HSE across the company including legal guidance
- Be responsible for claims handling alongside management
- Identify problems and produce and implement solutions which are appropriate and fit the business.
Background / Essentials:
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing or similar environment