Health and Safety Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Glasgow / South Lanarkshire|
|Salary||£35,000 - £45,000|
Opportunity to join an ambitious and growing manufacturing group who have doubled their sales and pre-tax profits this decade through organic growth and targeted acquistions.You will support the Site Senior and Operational Leadership Teams (OLT) and the Group Health and Safety Manager.
You will develop and deliver Health and Safety solutions based on best practice, building a safety culture across the groups local Scottish sites. You will provide competent advice at all levels to ensure the highest possible standards of Health and Safety Management is achieved and lead the development and implementation of the Local Health and Safety Strategic Plan.
- To promote a Health and Safety culture, encourage strong leadership through competency, worker engagement, behaviours etc.
- To assist SMT in setting SMART health and safety objectives for their team.
- To plan and implement a robust H&S Management System
- To develop and undertake external and internal Health and Safety Audits to ensure continual improvement across the site.
- To set priorities to prevent accidents and reduce employer liability claims.
- To facilitate delivery of local strategic objectives and continued development of on-going strategy which is aligned with Group strategy.
· Confident and assertive personality with a solution focused approach to Health and Safety.
· Holding or soon to complete the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification e.g. SVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
· A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude; ability to interface and influence people at all levels of the organisation.
· Strong facilitation, organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and multi task coupled with an attention to detail.
· Current Full Driving Licence.
- Applicants are welcomed from all industry backgrounds