Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£48k - 52k per year + Benefits|
We are seeking experienced Environmental, Health and Safety preferably with experience within manufacturing company on a full time, permanent basis.
The Company are a leading chemical solutions provider with a long heritage of pioneering technologies. On site in Cambridgeshire they have an operational facility comprising of a manufacturing plant, warehousing and administration. The EHS Manager will manage a small team and will hold responsibility for all areas of EHS across the regulated site. The role will require a hands-on approach whilst also acting in a strategic capacity as part of the Site Leadership team. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare, and a non-contractual Incentive Compensation Scheme.
This role is located in Cambridgeshire, easily commutable from Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and Bedfordshire.
The Role: Your main duties will be to:
- Take a leading role in planning, co-ordinating, monitoring and implementing EHS policies and procedures, ensuring all operations comply with relevant legislation and Company standards.
- Act as the Site EHS representative with third parties, including neighbouring businesses, local councils, and regulatory bodies including HSE and the Environment Agency.
- Take proactive steps to develop an environment of continuous improvement for EHS whilst working to a 'Zero Harm' strategy.
- Hold budgetary responsibility for all areas of EHS.
- Supporting line management in implementing changes through the guidance and training of staff.
- Contributing to process safety studies, particularly HAZOPs hazard studies and process hazard reviews.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proficient experience as an EHS Manager in a manufacturing and Operational setting with regards to EHS standards and regulations within the chemical sector primarily (Oil & Gas or Pharmaceutical sector experience may be considered).
- Holds NEBOSH certification with a strong track record of EHS Management.
- IOSH or CMIOSH registered or a degree in an EHS or technical discipline preferable.
- Positive influencing and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead and influence others.
- Proactive and highly motivated with EHS project management experience.
- Understanding of Process Safety / PSSRs would be desirable.